A teacher education institute exists to develop excellence in teaching among those who aspire to become teachers and therefore seek admissions in it. This objective the institute can achieve, but only when it exposes them to situations contributory to identification, nurturance and development of aptitude, positive aptitude and skills helpful in optimizing interaction between teacher on the one hand and learners on the others as well as among learners within and outside classroom situations. It is for this reason that the Institute (SIE) offers to create a teaching- learning climate helpful in enabling the prospective teachers studying in its campus:
1. To learn, plan and implement teaching strategies helpful to them in developing such human values among their secondary education learners as truthfulness, non violence confidence, self dignity, respect for Indian culture heritage, pride in doing manual labor and the like.
2. To know and learn to apply devices through which they when become secondary school teachers encourage their students to participate in process of desirable social change and community development.
3. To develop among them the skill in designing such educational settings in secondary schools as will develop among their students democratic attitude, faith in secularism and belief in socialism.
4. To gain in sight into the relationship between philosophy and education as well as its implication to the formulation of national objectives of education, development of secondary school curriculum, learner centered teaching methodology and evaluation of learners behavioral outcomes after instructional treatment.
5. To understand the role of forces and factors in the formation of classroom group structure and sociometric dynamics.
6. To understand and apply the measures in classroom situation for developing a positive and warm attitude towards their secondary school students.
7. To understand the methods for identifying gifted, creative, emotionally disturbed, socially immature, mentally retarded and educationally backward students and providing them appropriate educational treatment for their total and harmonious personality development.
8. To understand and apply the basic principles of teaching and learning in secondary school classroom situations.
9. To develop the skill to communicate effectively with their secondary school students in and outside their classroom teaching-learning situations.
10. To keep abreast with the latest trends in knowledge pertaining to teacher education as well as to participate actively in seminars, workshops and conferences related to their teaching subject.
11. To plan and implement action research / innovative practices / experimentation for continuous growth of their profession, namely, teaching.
Broadly speaking, the measures through which objectives of teacher education (B.Ed) are achieved at the SIE can be grouped under following heads:
B. Transaction of the curriculum
C. Evaluation of the learning outcomes.